Friday, October 30, 2009

Exhaustion sets in

Amanda is feeling better, but says her incision still hurts a bit. This worries me. If she doesnt fell better by this PM I will take her back to the Dr.

Bayta is eating well, but not eating long. She is getting all the nutrients she needs, but we both realize she may lose weight for a few more days. The literature we are seeing as well as some blog comments suggest she will lose more weight when and if the ever get her darn IV out. The surgical team must be really busy because they are over 24 hours late to get it removed. I would probably be pitching a bigger fit, but it was the IV being removed last time tha immediately preceeded the scariest day of my life. It is hard to believe that last Friday about this time things began to go bad very quickly.

The couple with Ellis in the next bed over seem to be getting good news Ellis may be coming home around the same time Bayta does. They are a truly amazing couple and we got to meet their two year old daughter last night. She is precious and dressed up as a lady bug. It was great to see her and talk to her, but I miss my boys so much. This is definitely the longest time we have been apart. We called home and got to talk to Larry who was watching the boys while Judy had gone to the store. He said that he had originally planned to leave judy there by herself but they both quickly decided that two boys equated out to a two adult job. I think that is high praise to the mother of my children.

Another nurse said that she thought we would be able to go home on Tuesday... again... she has not authority in this matter what so ever, but it is nice to hear.

I am going to be making some changes to this site today to kind of clean it up.

Opps its 4:30. Gotta wake the mom for another feeding. Amanda says "Moo"

Darick

-- Post From My iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment